Monday, January 7, 2013

Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken

*For some reason, I'm unable to upload pictures from my computer, the browse box isn't coming up. I will add the images when I can figure out what's wrong. In the meantime, all of these recipes, along with the corresponding photo, are being posted to my Beachbody coach "like" page: www.facebook.com/bondgrlfit. I apologize for any inconvenience.*

I love this recipe! All of the ingredients are things I always have on hand, it looks pretty, and is super fast and easy to make! Plus, it's delicious! I served this with peas (My son's favorite!) and mashed potatoes sprinkled with a little mozzarella!

Here's how I made it!

3 cups spinach
8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I used half cremini and half button)
3 green onions, sliced
2 T chopped walnuts
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large skillet, saute spinach, mushrooms, onions, and walnuts until mushrooms are tender and browned. Set aside, cover, and keep warm.

In the same skillet over medium-high heat and sear chicken for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 8 minutes, until juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Top with cheese and pop back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until melted. Serve, topped with the spinach mixture, and enjoy!

This recipe serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try any of these recipes, let me know how you liked it(Or didn't, for that matter!), and any changes you made or think might improve this meal! I always appreciate input!!