Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas 2012 Brunch!

*For some reason, I'm unable to upload pictures from my computer, the browse box isn't coming up. I will add the images when I can figure out what's wrong. In the meantime, all of these recipes, along with the corresponding photo, are being posted to my Beachbody coach "like" page: www.facebook.com/bondgrlfit. I apologize for any inconvenience.*

My favorite part about Christmas after becoming a mom is seeing how excited and happy my son is, not just on Christmas morning, but also in the days and weeks leading up to it! The downside to his Christmas morning excitment is that all he wants to do is tear into presents and play, not sit down and have breakfast before present time! My solution is to make handheld food that would be excellent both warm and at room temperature, so he can pick it up, take a bite, and rip open another present! This year, I made roasted pepper, bacon, and egg ham cups and fruit salad! Of course, my son only managed to get a few bites in, but at least he ate some, and it was delicious!!

Here is how I made the ham cups:
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
salt and pepper
dash hot sauce
1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
1/4 lb turkey bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
12 thin slices deli ham (I used black forest ham)
1/2 Tbsp minced chives

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and a little hot sauce, if you like. Stir in the bacon, peppers, and cheese. Line each cup of a 12 cup muffin pan with a slice of ham, then fill about 3/4 of the way with egg mixture (The egg will souffle some while cooking, and you want enough to fill all of the cups!). Bake for 15-20 minutes until set, then plate and sprinkle with chives!

This recipe makes 12!

How the fruit salad came to be:
2 large apples, chopped (I used one red and one green)
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 cup chopped pear (I used Bosc)
1 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt

In a large bowl, toss the fruit together, then stir in yogurt. Done! Eat! Enjoy!

This recipe makes 6 servings, 3/4 cup each!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try any of these recipes, let me know how you liked it(Or didn't, for that matter!), and any changes you made or think might improve this meal! I always appreciate input!!