Monday, December 31, 2012

Eggs Three Ways!

 
This is my typical breakfast. Not all three at once, but one of these three variations of the same dish.

They all consist of:
1c veggies (Usually 1/2c of two different ones, depending on what's in my fridge)
1 egg
chopped jalapeno
hot sauce :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
What I do is saute the veggies and then pull from the pan. I then either fry an egg (Sprinkled with jalapeno) and top the veggies with it, or beat it (Yeah, with jalapeno!) and either scramble then toss with the veg, or put the veg back in the pan (After giving a spray of olive oil, then wiping the pan to make sure it's coated evenly) and pour the egg over top, cover, and make into a frittata.

On these three days, I had extra avocado on hand, so I chopped it up and sprinkled it over my completed dish.


Every day, I season it differently. This morning, I did a frittata with 1/2c broccoli stems (Leftover from the head I cut the florets off of for snack time last night) and 1/2c cauliflower (Leftover from the mashed potatoes and cauliflower from Thanksgiving) and seasoned with some garam masala. Along with the jalapeno, I beat the egg with the leaves from the celery from last night's snack.

I started playing around with the egg after getting bored of the scrambled egg and veggie bowl, but liked the makeup of the breakfast so didn't want to switch to something entirely different! I like that I've come up with three variations because I can still get my cup of veggies and egg in, but it be different enough every day that I don't start hating it! You could do an omelette, too, but I don't for two reasons. One is, I fail 3 out of 5 times at not breaking it up when I fold it, and the other is because I have to load it with cheese to keep the mound of produce in. I love that it changes daily based on what veggies are in my fridge, the spices and herbs I feel like using, and the preperation method for the egg! It seems different every morning, while being virtually unchanged!


How do you like to change up the recipes you make most often?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try any of these recipes, let me know how you liked it(Or didn't, for that matter!), and any changes you made or think might improve this meal! I always appreciate input!!