Monday, December 31, 2012

Chicken Breast Pizza!

This came about because I really wanted to make a pizza, but I don't eat a lot of bread since it bothers my belly, so I used a thinly pounded chicken breast as the crust! My little man sucked this down! I dressed my salad with a squeeze of lemon juice. Here is how I made it:

 
2 chicken breasts, halved widthwise
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 cups spaghetti or pizza sauce
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, thinly sliced into half moons
4 oz mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place chicken breasts, one at a time, between two pieced of plastic wrap and pound into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Season breasts with salt and pepper on both sides, crush dried herbs in your fingers and sprinkle over chicken. Spray a pan preheated over medium high heat with olive oil and cook chicken for two minutes on each side and remove pan from heat. Top chicken with sauce, veggies and mozzarella cheese. Pop the pan into the oven for five minutes, remove and plate chicken. Sprinkle each pizza with with parmesan and serve!

I meant to top my pizza with julienned basil, but it was cold and rainy outside, so I didn't want to venture out into the garden to pick it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try any of these recipes, let me know how you liked it(Or didn't, for that matter!), and any changes you made or think might improve this meal! I always appreciate input!!